City of Lakes Trailer

One of the guys I've been doing some shooting and editing for since I moved to Austin is a wedding filmmaker named Joe Simon. You can see some of his work on his blog. He really is quite amazing at what he does. I used to think wedding videographers were all uncreative guys who overcharged engaged couples to film their wedding. This idea changed when I first saw Joe's work.

A few months ago Joe traveled to India to help film a wedding with some of the top wedding filmmakers in the world. This wasn't going to be a typical wedding shoot though. When he first explained the concept of what they'd be doing there I was very confused. The trailer from the India shoot is now up and I'm still very confused. It is unlike anything I've ever seen. The film combines an actual live event with a narrative film. I don't know if that makes a whole lot of sense. I'm having a hard time explaining it because I can barely wrap my head around the concept.

I'll stop trying to explain and just show you the trailer:

0 comments:

Post a Comment