Harper the Dog


If you know anything about me, you know that I have severe asthma. Growing up my asthma made it so I couldn't have any pets in my house. While my asthma has gotten better in adulthood, I would by no means call myself asthma free. Being around dogs and cats for an extended amount of time still makes me sick every now and then, so Alee and I just assumed we'd probably never be able to have a dog.

However, we recently discovered that there are dogs that are classified as hypoallergenic. After hearing this Alee went on the hunt to find an asthma-friendly dog for us. I was a bit skeptical about the whole idea at first. We can barely afford to pay our rent, so why would we want to add another member to our family?

If you've had a conversation with me within the past 6 months you'll also know that Alee hates her grad program. There are tears shed at least 3 times a week over how depressed the program is making her. Alee finally convinced me that having a dog might help her feel better about the state of her life.

So we got a dog. Her name is Harper.

I can safely say that getting Harper was the best decision we've made since deciding to get married.

0 comments:

Post a Comment