Let's Go, Jim!

I had a long night of video editing ahead of me, but my hard drive bit the dust. So I have nothing else to do but watch the local news and anticipate the second night of “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon”.



I’ll be honest. I was not too excited when I heard that Jimmy Fallon was taking over Conan’s late night spot. I think Jimmy Fallon is funny only about 27% of the time, while Conan makes me laugh by just looking at the camera.

None of the promos Jimmy Fallon had on NBC for in preparation his show made me laugh; and as I watch older episodes of SNL I realize how unfunny he really is. So, needless to say, I was not pulling for Jimmy to succeed in the late night world. That was until yesterday afternoon.

As I was exploring Twitter I discovered that Fallon has an account that he updates pretty frequently. I began reading his tweets (I think that’s what they’re called) and discovered that he is the definition of a down to earth celebrity.

Reading his tweets you will discover that he still hasn’t gotten used to being a celebrity. He’s not arrogant or full of himself. In fact, he’s the exact opposite. He admits how nervous he was during the taping of his first show. He expresses how thankful he was for all the good luck calls he got from the likes of Jon Stewart and Jay Leno. He even uploaded a picture of a gift he got from Carson Daily.

Here is what he wrote before he went to bed the night of his first show: “Tonight is my last night of the unknown. By the time I go to bed tomorrow night I will know what it's like.” It sounds like the Facebook status of any one of my friends.

I'm pulling for you, Jimmy. Not because I think you’re very funny, but because I kind of just want to be your friend.

2 comments:

Allison Drew said...

I'm having a hard time forgiving him for Taxi...

Julianna said...

Nathan is a blogger. Yes.

Jimmy Fallon is a keeper in my book as well.

My "barbaric yawp" is one my favorite scenes period.

Post a Comment